Sunday, June 2, 2013

I felt the need to.

Since I have been obsessing over Thought Catalog lately (literally spending more than a couple of hours reading somewhat 'life-changing' (k, heavy) articles from random (witty, creative, experienced I guess) people... I think it's about time that I make a TC-inspired entry myself. 

WARNING: I am not as witty and grammatically competent but I, uh, this is MY blog.

Okay, I'm in this awkward state when I don't know how to start haha! Now how do I intro my title.. I'm babbling and it's stupid but I keep on typing anyway, and this'll lessen my pogi points but I wouldn't edit this part anyway. K, here goes something.


THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN MY 20s 
..orrr since birth, who am I kidding I'm only 24 


1. Bad things happen. Truth. While you're doing a pretty good job being well, pretty and good.. patient, honest, kind, forgiving, generous, yada yada.. No matter how many novenas you do, how much you pray, even if you're perfect (if you're into that sort of thing), life will beat the shit out of you (sometimes -- if you're lucky). Sorry honey but your first time using your new Jordans (or Lebron something.. is there a Bryant? Idk.), makaktapak ka ng tae - brutal. It will rain hard after you had your car washed. You will dress up with max effort only to find out that s/he had to cancel. You will encounter a thief at least once in your life. Someone will talk shit about you behind your back - more often than not this is someone you are fond of. You will fail an exam or an entire course, if you're an Einstein well then someone will make you feel that you're still not good enough. Someone will lie to you and the truth will usually be inconvenient and painful to bear.Someone will hurt you. Someone will leave you. You will have to leave someone. Someone dear will die. You will die... and in spite of all these, you will still wake up everyday smiling, sing in the shower, go out, live. Life can be so bad you'd rather get yourself killed but I swear for some reason you will fight and dare to keep up. Why? I don't know, but for me I'd rather have 'this' than become a chair, or even a beautiful ombre butterfly.

2. God is good. In fact He is so good He'll never leave you. Trust me I am not religious or anything, I only hear mass when I feel like it.. cause I find it boring, really. In prayer meetings tho, I get to really praise Him, feel connected to Him. But of course, to each his own.  Anyway just have a relationship with Him. YOU CAN ALWAYS TALK TO HIM. He is there, even more present than the guy you've been sleeping with, or the friends you get faded with. Promise, He is there. I am abnormal and not so good a person but He loves me so much. I can feel it, I can tell. Trust me.

3. Life is short. Gasgas at totoo. I can die now while typing this (I actually wanted to type some sound effect here as if I got shot but I don't know which is corny-er.. bang! boom! pshhhooong! omg ano yun, hahaha!) but I made an attempt to insert something corny. Cause yes my friend, life's too short to not be corny, to be severely uptight, to not care about others, to be a bitch, to not be someone's friend, to be an asshole, to hurt people, to hurt yourself, to be negative, to hate, to not respect your parents, to prioritize the wrong things.. I don't know about you but I know and I am certain that if I die anytime, I wouldn't want to die a bad person.

4. Your body is the lalagyan of your soul. Take care of your body. Take care of your soul. Even if you consider yourself panget, if you have a beautiful soul.. it will show. Really. I have met a lot of people who don't look good (well, media-dictated sort of panget) but for some reason their aura is different, refreshing, better than others with good looks (well, media-dictated sort of maganda/gwapo) na maitim budhi - brutal.

5. Magbasa, magsulat, mag-English, onting bisaya, mag-add/subtract/multiply/divide, onting square root pero I suck at that, magluto ng baka recipes na hindi naccompromise yung pagpapalambot ng karne sa pagpapalambot ng gulay.. etc. Na-lost ka? Balik ka sa title. ;)

6. Less commitment, more delivery. Nuff said. Joke, figure it out, tamad nako mag English. 

7. Love is not the sole deciding factor in relationships. You can love everyone you meet in your life but you wouldn't necessarily have this certain connection, maturity, and commitment to be able to be in a relationship with them. We choose just one, just one we can be happy with (varies), fight with, have breakfast with, make love to.. someone we can actually live with, for a very long time (forever to some).

8. Kasalanan mo lahat. Never blame others for your misfortunes. Ikaw yan, choice mo yan. Push mo yan.

9.If you're going to give, give and never expect anything in return. Otherwise it's barter.

10. All feelings are relevant. No feeling is ever bad. It's okay to be sad, get mad. What you choose to do about these feelings is what really matters. Doesn't mean you're mad you have to do something bad. If you're the kind of person who always has to do something about his/her negative feelings then hala, nako. Just pray. Oh and breathing exercises. ;)


Annnnd a lot more but namumulikat na daliri ko sa pag-type. Adieu!















1 comment:

  1. Nice post! No idea u can write pretty girl ;=)

    ReplyDelete